Due to the swelling of polystyrene, it is important that sufficient headspace is given when packing columns. Where used in a packed bed a maximum bed height of 10cm is recommended.
- Place the frit at the very end of the ALL-FIT column, but do not push into the column.
- Pack the column with the desired quantity of resin.
- Place the second frit at the very end of the opposite side of the column, again not pushing into column.
- When placing on the synthesiser the frits will move into the column to exactly the right place to allow resin swelling.
- Place the small frit at the base of the column.
- Pack the column with the desired quanity of resin.
- ABI3900 - Place the top frit just below the ridge on the column that allows the column to sit in the synthesiser; or MerMade - Place the frit at the first line from the top of the column. DO NOT PLACE THE FRIT DIRECTLY ON TOP OF THE RESIN BED. THIS WILL PREVENT SWELLING AND BLOCK THE COLUMN.